Wednesday, December 4, 2013

CRUSTLESS QUICHE - My Style

Right now, as I write this I’m sitting in Hyderabad, India. The days are hot, the nights are cool…it’s gorgeous here. 
A day off from the busy work days, is like a gift in today's hard-working world, a thing to be savored. 
No early morning birds, my iPhone cuckoo, were their to wake me up today. "I should" or " I have to", also were not allowed today. Stayed in bed for as long as I wanted with no worries and no plans. 
And the bundle of happiness came to me.....with a great hot cup of tea....my darling husband made for me.......
Nothing could be better than this.





After all the pampering, I routed myself towards my lovely kitchen. Sunday is for brunch. Something heavy, yet convenient with less amount of work. While taking a quick glance through my refrigerator, and having so many brunch ideas running through my mind, I finalized on making a Quiche or a Frittata. My favorite, my husband's favorite. Less preparation, great source of healthy fat and protein and the most important thing, heart happy and belly filled. What can be better than this on a lazy Sunday late morning or should I say, early afternoon. 
Just spend about 15 minutes doing some prep work and 10-12 minutes for pan finish. 
You can add any of your favorite or leftover fillings. 
To avoid a soggy base, I planned to add enough amount of all-purpose flour, and a little amount of rice flour and semolina. Also for enhancing the taste, I added chicken sausages. The experiment was more than successful. 
I bet you all, it looked more like a pepperoni pizza, with no pepperoni, no cheese and tasted like a heavenly quiche. 



The Easy recipe:

2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Wheat Flour
1 tablespoon Rice Flour (optional)
1 tablespoon Semolina 
1/2 cup Milk
2 Eggs ( well beaten )
1 Chicken sausage ( cut in disc shape )
Roughly chopped veggies of your choice. I added lots of Onions and Cabbage, one medium Tomato, Green Chilies and frozen Green Peas.
Oil for frying

Whisk together all the ingredients.
Add a little oil and fry the disc shaped sausage pieces till brown. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat until the mixture is set. Turn carefully with all the set pieces of sausages. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.

I used the egg poacher pan from Bed, Bath and Beyond for making this quiche. Perfect shape and size.

{ You can also bake in a preheated oven, 180C, for about 30-35 minutes in a pie dish by arranging the fried sausages pieces after 4-5 minutes of baking. }




I love these kinds of recipes because they are so versatile.  Basically just add ingredients you have around:  use leftover veggies, or cubed cooked potato, spinach, tomatoes…you name it. Anyway, here it is…crustless quiche..a knock off of the frittata.  It’s a crustless quiche?  It’s a frittata?  Whatever.  It’s delicious and perfect for a Sunday brunch. Love it.



 am submitting this to the "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" event which is hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Wow! Lovely

Shweta Arora said...

Looks delicious :)

Emilie J said...

Hi,

Your blog has caught our attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Recipes.in so that we could link to your blog.

Recipes.in is a search engine that compiles the best Indian cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are one of the largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

To join Recipes.in, just go to http://www.recipes.in/add-your-food-blog

Sincerely,

Emilie
Recipes.in

Sanoli Ghosh said...

Mindblowing quiche.....loved it Anshu.

Post a Comment

Hi Viewers,
Thanks for visiting my Blog. Hope this is a useful post for you.
YOUR COMMENTS = MY ENCOURAGEMENT :))
Please feel free to leave your comments, suggestions and questions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails